With simply paper and creativity anyone can create art


Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Meg's Garden Christmas Projects (using Helmar adhesives)

HO, HO, HO - Merry Christmas! I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday season so far! Well, Meg's Garden "A Musical Christmas" is for sure one of the best holiday paper lines released this year. I adore the richness to these colors.

Up first is a card I made using the german glitter glass (on the 2Crafty chipboard) and the the plum gardenia flowers Meg sent me from her shop to compliment the paper. I am not a huge card maker, but I like this non-traditional Christmas one!

Next up is an oversized gift tag "layout" using the same paper line, plus doilies and flowers from Meg's shop. I added a Dusty Attic piece as a focal point.

Here is a close-up of the chipboard that I simply glazed with Silks "ice" paint because I liked the natural look of the chippie. It is semi-translucent glaze so it just added a nice shimmer instead of leaving the chipboard plain.

NOTE: I used a lot of Helmar goodness to stick all of my projects together. I used the premium craft glue on the paper layers, the 450 quick dry on the flowers and leaves, Zapdots to raise the title and chipboard on my card and the acid-free glue for the tree chipboard. Thanks goodness for good glue!

1 comment:

Linda Pekrul said...

Merry Christmas Vicky! Thanks for all the inspiration this year. I always love visiting your blog!