With simply paper and creativity anyone can create art


Saturday, June 23, 2012

My Dad, My Hero (Swirlydoos/Helmar)

Well, this is my final project using the awesome June Swirlydoos "Antiquities" kit (featuring the Bo Bunny Weekend Market collection) - I just love all the fun sticker tags that coordinate with this kit!

This is my hubby and our first born. To this day... his daddy really is his hero. Can you believe I've had that Martha Stewart heart border punch since it arrived in my Christmas stocking and this is the first layout I've used it on? Shame on me! I put this layout together using Helmar Premium Craft Glue for the paper layers (all distressed with my Zutter distrezz-it-all).


I glued the Dusty Attic chipboard (from my shop) and gorgeous Kaisercraft flowers on with the Helmar 450 quick dry and the Acid free glue for the picture.

I used the Helmar foam ZapDots to give the titles some dimension.

My July Swirlydoos DT kit just arrived this week and gotta get cracking on it!

9 comments:

Ana Márquez said...

How lovely photo and how lovely Lo. Congrats! :-) xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, Vicky!!

Debbi Tehrani said...

What a beautiful photo and layout. Those colors are just gorgeous with your pic. Love your flowers and flourishes, and that awesome heart border, and the tearing looks terrific.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What an amazing LO to show the love between your DH and son!! Love the distrezzing and torn edges!! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Adriana B said...

such a wonderful page, love the punchout lace border :)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow! This is amazing! Love what you did with the edges around the layout! I'm your newest follower! :D

Lizzyc said...

Oh how precious!!

Di Garling said...

Super sweet Vicky. Di xo

Eila Sandberg said...

Awww that really is such a precious piccie Vicky! lovely lovely page and hey, you should use that punch - it's really pretty! xoxo